Old 28-06-2003, 04:44 PM
seepnezorf1

Default my gertrude and jekyll has yellow leaves

I live in zone 6 and we have had a very wet spring. The bush gets between 5
to 6 hours of sun a day. It started off great with tons of blooms, but one
by one as the blooms have been opening some of the leaves on the canes have
been yellowing. I already trimmed off one cane that had died and now the
one right next to it is heading south as well. The leaves on the cane that
are not yellowed appear to be wilted and the buds that were on that cane are
droopy as well. I've checked for aphids and cane borers and cannot find any
signs of them.

The rose gets fed with one of those weed and feed combo mixes and has not
recently been pruned. Could the yellowing just be attributed to an
overabundance of water and should I just start cutting off all the canes
with the yellowing leaves?

thanks