Old 28-06-2003, 04:45 PM
Mike

Default Looks like we're being listened to

In article , martin
writes

I have had something similar recently regarding the aircraft carrier
Karel Dorman, there have been two of them since the war.

and just to add even more confusion, whilst at the time I made my
posting re the 1960's H.M.S.Falmouth and was 'certain' I was on the same
one, there was an H.M.S.Falmouth during the Second World War!! BUT, she
was broken up in Blyth in 1968 so I 'knew' she wasn't the one!!!

The Ministry of Defence and the Royal Navy Pay and Pensions group send
people to me who are researching Father's Brother's etc Service time and
unless I 'know' for certain which age, era and ships they are talking
about, it is very difficult to give accurate information.

And now that I am involved with the Royal Air Force via the National
Service (Royal Air Force) Association, I am getting all sorts of
questions there!! :-)) Very fortunately I have a wealth of contacts in
the RAFA and RAF Associations, once again proving that one does not
believe 'for certain' the first but of information, but digs deeper!!

Mike

Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more