Old 28-06-2003, 05:44 PM
pelirojaroja

Default gardens near pools

Yes - root damage is a highly likely culprit. Also, if their excavation
changed the slope of the land (which also tends to happen with pool
installation), then the plants may no longer be getting their accustomed
amount of runoff from rain or other watering. So, you might have to
re-plant for a drier or wetter climate in the affected area. Perhaps you
could let the land settle for a season, and do a soil check for planting
next year.

-- pelirojaroja

"Tsu Dho Nimh" wrote in message
(Mpb58) wrote:

my neighbor installed an inground pool close to my back property. I have

lost
a flowering plum, and an evergreen so far, and now a lilac bush. could

the
fumes from their chlorine be doing this?

No. If the chlorine fumes were strong enough to kill plants, the
neighbor would be dead too.

But root damage from the excavation can kill plants.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both