Old 28-06-2003, 06:32 PM
M. Tiefert

Default Grapes

In article , (ChrisV01) wrote:
The area where I live (New England) has many wild grapes. I am told these are
Concord grapes. However, I have noticed while most have the usual serated
pear-shaped or spear-shaped leaves, a few will grow leaves that become
three-pronged (trident) shaped. What is the difference between these two
types? Which is what? Are the trident leaves representative of a different
species of grape or just some phase that Concord grapes go through?

The leaves of concord grapes are shaped like grape leaves, just rather
coarser-looking. Are you sure you're not looking at 2 or 3 different
species of vines?

cheers,

Marj

* * *