Old 28-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Scarecrow issues

I dunno, Joe.... that seems a little too simple. I don't really feel like
I've accomplished anything unless I have to toil over it and be very
frustrated with it throughout the process. Your solution makes sense, is
quick, simple, cheap and probably very effective. Wonder if I could live
with something along that theory?
Sue

"joe" wrote in message
Sue Alexandre wrote:

Two issues I have with the scarecrow...maybe some of you long-time users
have suggestions? First one is that I find the scarecrow actually

shifts
backwards each time it goes off from the pressure of the water. This

causes
the stream of water to spray up HIGHER than I'd like, and it also keeps
loosening the earth around the stake from all the shifting of the post.
Second thing is I'd like the stake to be longer so I could stick it into

the
ground deeper yet still have enough height on the scarecrow to monitor

and
spray OVER my rock border. If I shove the stake deeply into the ground,

the
head of the scarecrow barely peeks out over the rocks. Maybe I'll go

see if
the manufacturer sells extension stakes.
Sue

Go to your local home depot and buy a 1/2" diameter piece of rebar. Pound

it
into the dirt as far as you need then strap the scarecrow to it with wire.
That should solve both your problems.

Joe