Old 28-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Nedra

Default Pond Shade - encore

Ahh ... my most favorite flower ... the Lotus! Kathy
you are right - I do have good luck with the plant.
I suppose that having enough light is key. I flood
the lotus pond with fish pond water. The first summer
I had 4 lotuses in whiskey barrels and fed them with water
from the fish pond. I think I also fertilized them with the
fertilizer tabs. The lotus pond gets fed once in the spring ...
then it is nothing but fish pond water.
I live south of St. Louis Missouri -
so there is heat and humidity!

You can see my lotus pond in the website below.

Nedra

"K30a" wrote in message
You are talking to a lotus killer.
I killed mine with a nasty October freeze. It was in a container on the

deck to
get lots of sunshine.
I do know they like to be fed a lot and they like lots of sunshine.
Nedra has good luck with them!
k30a