Old 28-06-2003, 10:32 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default (Cheaper) Amquel

Can't remember where I read it (sorry Tom ;o) but supposed if everything is
balanced in the pond, it is fine to just use ST for a water change with
chloramines as your filter should take care of the little bit of ammonia
that breaks loose.

According to my chemist hubby (an assuming I understood him correctly) when
I add water w/chlorine if it encounters ammonia in the pond a temporary
chloramine molecule could be produced. ~ jan

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 03:13:32 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

Following the spawn last week, my ammonia went to the highest color (7-8
ppm) and nitrites to the reddest (5 ppm). With the 0.1% salt that I
routinely run, I was not worried about the nitrites, but using Amquel that I
had in stock, and the purchase of ChlorAm-X, I am hoping to keep the ammonia
neutralized. The small 2000 gallon pond was covered, every square inch, at
least one egg deep and the top of the pond looked like the head on a poorly
drawn beer. Due to the cost of the ChlorAm-X, I will continue to use ST for
normal water changes, and save the good stuff for the annual party, or a
filter failure.

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~