Old 07-02-2003, 01:48 AM
paghat

Default are my honeysuckle vines dead?

In article , "effi" wrote:

or do 1st year plants lose their leaves in winter in texas?

Most honeysuckles are deciduous & lose their leaves late autumn or early
winter (in my zone even the ones that are evergreen further south behave
in a deciduous manner). But by this time of year (here in Zone 8 anyway)
their new leaves should be extremely obvious & already rather pretty, so
if there is no evidence of leaves or leafbuds, I vote dead.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"