Old 29-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Joanne

Default question about coffee grounds

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:59:33 -0000, "Thomas "
wrote:

(JohnDKestell) wrote:
Hi guys,
my neighbor just got me a couple of sacks of coffee grounds from Starbuck's.

it seems they are using it as some kind of promo, and giving it away for

free
with the purpose of using it on the garden. The mylar sack claims a pH

of 6.8
(all the acids burning holes throught the stomach linings of Yuppies?)

is it safe to add it to the garden? how should I do it?

thanks,
john

Coffee grounds are great for the garden, and also great for house plants.
My wife dumps out each days grounds on a large aloe vera plant, and the
soil is incredible. Just dump them out and spread them around...they won't
hurt a thing and are quite beneficial.

Used tea leaves also work.

jcm
Canadian zone 5b, not sure of U.S. zone.
Thanks to global warming it's bloody hot here!