Old 29-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Wayne

Default Two Questions.... Sorry If They've Been Asked Before

This didn't appear to be a tadpole, as I call it, because it was about an
1.5 inches long, skinny like a worm, but swam like an eel. It appeared to
have a tiny head on one end but after removal from the water, it looked more
like a worm. I didn't let it live to multiply but I will watch for more
when I clean my filter again. It's creepy to think that if one of them gets
bigger, with me always putting my hands in the water and feeling the bottom,
eek! Thanks for your answer, you could be right!

"Bob" wrote in message
I don't think anyone else said anything about question number one, so I'll
hazard a guess. It's most likely a tad or toadpol.

--
Remove ME to email

Check out my pond at:
Http://Trains99.tripod.com

Click on the My Pond button on the left.

"Wayne" wrote in message
. com...
It'll be interesting to see if my goldfish will eat the seeds. Thanks

for
the reply!

"zookeeper" wrote in message
Wayne wrote:
1st Question:

Sorry, will leave this one to the critter experts.

2nd Question: I have some pickerel weed that produces the long,

purple
bloom that is so pretty. When the purple has gone and the bloom

appears
be dead, do I need to cut that off?

The seed head does not need to be cut off, unless you don't like the

way
it looks. It's actually quite interesting to watch the process though

as
the stem bends toward the water as the seed head develops, then the
seeds drop off. Our koi eat them, the blue and scrub jays stop by to
pick on them, and even the squirrel likes to snack on them as well.
--
zookeeper
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies