Old 29-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Growing suggestions

In a message dated 6/29/2003 12:32:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Cats may not do much harm, but dogs can destroy whatever you plant in the
ground by digging them up and dragging them around.

The only problem I have with Cats is a suspicion that the males
(females too for that matter) will sometimes spray plants as part of marking
territory. This can burn leaves and defoliate. BUT, it doesn't happen often enough
to worry about and there are many cats in my neighborhood.
I have never had a dog dig up plants and drag them around.
I do sometimes have a problem with raccoons. They will instinctively
investigate any disturbed soil. (One of their favorite delicacies is gopher
tortoise eggs which are usually buried near the mouth of the gopher tortoise
burrow. Yes, in Central Florida we have a tortoise that spends all of its life
on dry land and digs deep tunnels in our sand hills. "Gopherhill"
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++