Old 29-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Cereoid-UR12yo

Default Tree and flower ID?

Yeah, pixies can into your yard in the middle of the night and planted it
for you. Its not the work of industrious birds or landscaping squirrels.

Obviously it either came in the pot of something else you bought or from a
stray seedling.

Ken wrote in message
Any idea how a daylilly could get planted in my yard without me doing it?

Is
this the kind of thing birds or suirrels can bring into your yard and drop
off or bury?

"Pam" wrote in message
Your tree IS a Sumac, most likely Rhus typhina or Staghorn Sumac. The

flower is
a red daylily, but as there are literally several 10's of thousands of

daylily
cultivars, I wouldn't presume to guess which one.

pam - gardengal

Ken wrote:

Can you help me identify this tree and this flower.

As near as I can determine from my Audobon book, the tree is some kind

of
sumac, but I could be wrong.

http://k_cook.home.mindspring.com/sumac.jpg

The flower just appeared in a flower bed this summer. I don't remember
planting it. It is on a long stem, and the plant reminds me of some

kind
of
bulb or iris plant.

http://k_cook.home.mindspring.com/redflower.jpg