Old 29-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Rich

Default Watermelon seedlings

less than one week ago I planted about 400 watermelon seedlings in
little seedling trays. I put a little Miracle Gro on them. at this point
95% have sprouted and are 8" tall. since this is my first time
planting watermelon, I was wondering what they should look like at this
point. They are only 8" stems with the white part of the seed on top -
no leaves. The stems have turned a whitish color and some are toppling
over. the soil is damp - not too wet. Is that good or bad? When should I
move them outside? Also, I'm in Arizona. Is this an OK time to plant
them?