Old 29-06-2003, 08:44 PM
harold steig

Default What to do with a skunk in a live trap?

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Skunks are lovely creatures in their own way, and more beneficial than
harmful.

Agreed. The only time I did anytning about our skunks (and they are
common) was when they took up residence under the front porch. A handful
or two of moth balls spread around convinced them to move. Of course,
then my wife said the skunks smelled better than the moth balls :-).

You have to really irritate a skunk to get it to spray. I've even chased
them out of the garden with no problem. Just do it gently.

The best that I have seen is what my father in law does. He walks to the
trap with a blanket in front of him so they don't see him. Lays the blanket
over the trap picks up the trap and puts it in a garbage can filled with
water. They don't hold their breath long at all, then just dump him out and
go after some more.

Harold