Old 29-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Jay Sinclair

Default [IBC] Collecting Yews

I collected 3 at about this time of year a couple of years ago. One is still alive, and looking healthy. These trees, though, had been pretty thoroughly brutalized, ripped from the ground, and were
minutes from the dumpster when I rescued them. If you take reasonable care, dig a good sized rootball, and plant them in a relatively sheltered place, I think your chances are good enough to
warrant the effort. I haven't done anything to the survivor in terms of styling at this point - maybe next year.

Jay
Zone 5ish, SE Michigan USA

Sean Nemecek wrote:

I have been given the opportunity to collect a couple of large yews. The only catch is that I have to do it in the next couple of weeks. Am I wasting my time collecting them this time of year?

--
Peace, n. In international affairs, a period of cheating between two periods of fighting.

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++