Old 29-06-2003, 10:44 PM

Default Clivia - when cut bloom stem?

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:04:20 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12yo"
wrote:

Unless you intend to grow plants from seed, you should cut the flower scapes
after they are finished blooming. Only cut the flower scapes not the leafy
stems.

OK, I gather that "flower scape" is the same as what I called
"stem that held the [ ] blooms"??

*Many* URLS for Clivia, but didn't find that bit of info,
which I guess was obvious to all but me.

Actually the mature fruit is a fleshy berry not a pod.

OH?? Well, how does it propagate then? Straight question.

Thanks for your help.

--

Persephone

wrote in message
.. .

Seems like I never get a handle on Clivia.
Always something I'm not sure of.

(Though in my defense, I have divided and moved
plants several times with 100% success!)

Q: When do I cut back the stem that held the
(divine!) blooms?

They are now forming the seed pods.

Should I cut the stem back to the ground? Or?

TIA

--

Persephone