Old 29-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Warwick

Default Copper Fountains

In article ,
says...

see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft, Suffolk. I
would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I would
be even more grateful for any orders!!

If you are going to put your e-mail addresses on the site you might as
well make them clickable !!!

Well heres my two pence worth, the design looks a tad industrial, there
are lots of colours, copper grey and brown would have been enough the
blues and yellows are harsh.
Your products outshine the website and they deserve better.

I'd agree. I *know* that the person who put together the site wasn't a
web developer on first sight of it. Oddly enough, that makes me want to
read the content a touch more, but I'm a luddite who appreciates the
content more than the design most of the time. The problem is that those
strong colours and the *blocky* look to it raised my hackles a touch. I
didn't even realise that there were more pages and that the 'menu'
header was supposed to do more until I read the comments here since half
the browsers I use don't allow Javascript to function.

The small amount of Javascript that is there is pointless and could be
done quickly and easily in plain old HTML so should be. The colour
scheme needs to have *something* done to it but I don't know what.

I'd make those thumbnail sized pictures of the product into links to
pages that show them in their full glory and maybe with additional
descriptive text. Certainly the ability to see bigger pics of the
product couldn't harm.

I keep on coming back to the look and feel though. I'm afraid to say it
looks like it was designed in 1993 even if you ignore the Javascript. To
modernise it the lines need to be cleaner and the colours more muted.
Lose the background gifs or redo them with everything in pastels and I
think it would look a lot better.

Having said that I have about 100 outstanding pages on my own website
due to lack of getting aroung to it.

Warwick