Old 28-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Tony Bull

Default Copper Fountains

Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!
Old 28-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Mike

In article , Tony Bull
writes
Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!

Well, we all know who is going to pull this web site to pieces, no
matter how good it is or how hard the builder worked on it, don't we?

Mike
Waiting.
Forthcoming reunions.
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 28-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Drakanthus

Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!

The way one has to click the MENU to make it slide out is entertaining, but
not practical. Are you aiming to show your expertise in web gadgets or to
make the site quick and easy to navigate for a potential buyer?

It would be more convenient if the prices were shown with the items. EMS1
caught my eye but not only is there no price under it, there is no reference
to it on your price list either.

--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old 28-06-2003, 07:33 PM
martin

On 28 Jun 2003 10:21:42 -0700, (Tony Bull)
wrote:

Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!

Nice fountains!
I don't like the way you have made the menu
--
martin
Old 28-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Jim W

Tony Bull wrote:

Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!

Strange site.. Bad artifacts on your top RH side catapillar logo.. you
need to clean it up a bit methinks? Colours are very weird A copper
brown with dayglow green ivy leaves etc down the LH side? Menu is..
working but pointless if I hadn't read the other post I would have
though it was non functional and gone away. You would need to add 'click
for menu' or click me or something, mebbe?

As you have only +5 pages a plain text menu across the top of the page
with an anchor and links to it next to each image would be
better/simpler

Simple text menu would be thus:

{ HOME | Pond or Garden | Patio or Conservatory | Price List | email
form }

Hope this helps...

As for the product.. very nice! any free samples?;-)))
Looking at the prices you'll have fun competing with the sheds like B&Q
I'm sure..

//
Jim

Old 28-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Steven Pilbeam

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!

If you are going to put your e-mail addresses on the site you might as well make
them clickable !!!

Old 28-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Jim W

Steven Pilbeam wrote:

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om... Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you can
see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft, Suffolk. I
would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I would
be even more grateful for any orders!!

If you are going to put your e-mail addresses on the site you might as
well make them clickable !!!

Better still encode them with a script and ASCII encoding and use a
clickable image and some spamtrapping..
//
Old 29-06-2003, 08:20 AM
David Anslop

I have looked at www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
Sure it has a few faults, what website doesn't?
I particularly like the bamboo fountain. I will probably be ordering
one as a wedding present for my friends daughter
Old 29-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Kate Morgan

see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft, Suffolk. I
would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I would
be even more grateful for any orders!!

If you are going to put your e-mail addresses on the site you might as
well make them clickable !!!

Well heres my two pence worth, the design looks a tad industrial, there
are lots of colours, copper grey and brown would have been enough the
blues and yellows are harsh.
Your products outshine the website and they deserve better.
Do you take commisions, I have had an idea lurking at the back of my
mind for ages but do not know how to make it:-)
kate

p.s. website is in my fovourites :-)
Old 29-06-2003, 10:44 AM
JennyC

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
Hello Group.
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk is the address of my website where you
can see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft,
Suffolk.
I would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I
would be even more grateful for any orders!!

I like the caterpillar and the fountains are super :~))

However I do agree with most of the previous comments about the
website :

It's probably better to use one colour or at least colours that don't
clash ......
Inspiration maybe at :
http://entries.the5k.org/171/visualizer.html
or http://www.dyn-web.com/cpick/default.html

The menu is indeed a bit unclear for not-very-computer-minded
users.....
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ has some nice menus :~))

here are a couple of sites with good layout ideas:
http://www.elated.com/pagekits/
http://www.xara.com/products/webstyl.../themesets.asp

HTH Jenny

Old 29-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In article ,
Drakanthus writes

The way one has to click the MENU to make it slide out is entertaining, but
not practical. Are you aiming to show your expertise in web gadgets or to
make the site quick and easy to navigate for a potential buyer?

What might be even worse is the that menu button doesn't work at all if
JavaScript is disabled.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 29-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Warwick

In article ,
says...

see my hand made copper fountains.I am based in Lowestoft, Suffolk. I
would be grateful for any constructive criticisms of my website. I would
be even more grateful for any orders!!

If you are going to put your e-mail addresses on the site you might as
well make them clickable !!!

Well heres my two pence worth, the design looks a tad industrial, there
are lots of colours, copper grey and brown would have been enough the
blues and yellows are harsh.
Your products outshine the website and they deserve better.

I'd agree. I *know* that the person who put together the site wasn't a
web developer on first sight of it. Oddly enough, that makes me want to
read the content a touch more, but I'm a luddite who appreciates the
content more than the design most of the time. The problem is that those
strong colours and the *blocky* look to it raised my hackles a touch. I
didn't even realise that there were more pages and that the 'menu'
header was supposed to do more until I read the comments here since half
the browsers I use don't allow Javascript to function.

The small amount of Javascript that is there is pointless and could be
done quickly and easily in plain old HTML so should be. The colour
scheme needs to have *something* done to it but I don't know what.

I'd make those thumbnail sized pictures of the product into links to
pages that show them in their full glory and maybe with additional
descriptive text. Certainly the ability to see bigger pics of the
product couldn't harm.

I keep on coming back to the look and feel though. I'm afraid to say it
looks like it was designed in 1993 even if you ignore the Javascript. To
modernise it the lines need to be cleaner and the colours more muted.
Lose the background gifs or redo them with everything in pastels and I
think it would look a lot better.

Having said that I have about 100 outstanding pages on my own website
due to lack of getting aroung to it.

Warwick

water fountains fontesdecorativas United Kingdom 0 06-04-2004 09:41 PM
water fountains fontesdecorativas Gardening 0 06-04-2004 08:41 PM
water fountains fontesdecorativas Gardening 0 06-04-2004 08:12 PM
Are fountains a good idea ? Nick Ponds 4 12-02-2004 11:26 PM
Bonsai Fountains Asla Group Bonsai 0 11-06-2003 12:08 AM