Old 30-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Anonymo421

Default Artichoke Help ! ?

We planted artichokes & yielded very nice ones the first couple of cycles
from about 3 "stalks" (?) & now they have started shredding the leaves,
stems & making huge artichokes that want to flower.

Let us know how to properly grow, maintain & what to expect from this crop.

Many thanks.

Troy

I don't know where you are, but down in southern AZ our chokes have been
nothing but big thistles for about a month now. Just get the plants in early
and enjoy the chokes as long as you can. Once they get to the point that small
ones try to bloom, we let them--makes a rather stunning purple flower.