Old 30-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Greg and Kelly Carr

Default locust tree

I had a locust tree in my backyard. We had it taken down because it was
blocking the sun to one of our favorite beech trees. The tree was removed
two years ago and we have yet to have the stump ground down. This tree was
in a lawn area. Ever since we removed the tree, during the spring and
summer, sprouts of locust shoots are everywhere. The entire root system of
the tree is apparent. I have even severed some of the roots, that were
close to the surface, and I still see these shoots and have to mow them down
(they grow quite rapidly). I am afraid that even when we remove the stump
we will have a problem with the roots. Has anyone experienced this?