Old 30-06-2003, 01:32 AM
Barbara2245

Default Breakfast Guess

This morning my dogs raised a ruckus in the strawberry patch. I had
to look twice to be sure it wasn't a kitten but that bandits mask gave
it away. A baby racoon was breakfasting on my strawberries which would
explain why I wasn't getting ripe strawberries. I had to grab two 16
pound dogs and put them in the house. My fish net was handy to trap
it. It was scared but didn't run. I went in the house to get something
to put it in and my car keys. In the end I dumped it in the trees
about a block away. If it was eating strawberries it should find some
food in the trees, I should have tried to find if there was a wild
life rehabilitator around but they closed the local shelter.

Last summer I thought I saw a racoon or the neighbors cat in the
field. That iexplains the 6 feet of pots dumped in the pond in spring.
I bought a UV sterilizer to clear the algae but may have to turn it
off to protect the fish.

Why do wild animals bring or have their babies in the yard? Every year
we have bunnies running around and chewing up my flowers. Happy water
gardening.