Old 30-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Michael Grossman

Default Turtle Questions

Maybe you will have more luck then I did with turtles. I live in
Massachusetts and in my first pond I tried several times to put painted
turtles in. The longest they ever stayed was 2 or 3 days. Most left in a
few hours. I'm not sure why; I guess they just didn't like my pond.

Mike
"10Sguy" wrote in message
I'm in the design stage for my first pond. I intend to have a few fish,

the
usual array of plants and whatever else shows up. I'd also like to have a
resident turtle.

If I find a local turtle and bring it to my pond, is it likely to stay
around?

Would it be more ethical to purchase a turtle from a pet store?
Occasionally I see them along the roads where I ride bike. I'm sure some

of
those that wonder onto the road meet an untimely demise.

As I understand it I'd need to provide an area where it can get easily get
out of the water. Are there any other special considerations for turtles?

Thanks.