Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Michael Grossman

Default Turtle Questions

Maybe you will have more luck then I did with turtles. I live in
Massachusetts and in my first pond I tried several times to put painted
turtles in. The longest they ever stayed was 2 or 3 days. Most left in a
few hours. I'm not sure why; I guess they just didn't like my pond.

Mike
"10Sguy" wrote in message
I'm in the design stage for my first pond. I intend to have a few fish,

the
usual array of plants and whatever else shows up. I'd also like to have a
resident turtle.

If I find a local turtle and bring it to my pond, is it likely to stay
around?

Would it be more ethical to purchase a turtle from a pet store?
Occasionally I see them along the roads where I ride bike. I'm sure some

of
those that wonder onto the road meet an untimely demise.

As I understand it I'd need to provide an area where it can get easily get
out of the water. Are there any other special considerations for turtles?

Thanks.

Turtle questions Glenn Lynn Ponds 2 20-01-2004 04:34 PM
Outdoor turtle habitat Dave Bell Ponds 3 01-04-2003 12:44 AM
behold the turtle K30a Ponds 0 11-03-2003 06:58 PM