Old 30-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Simon Avery

Default Old petrol lawnmower

"Andrew Champion" wrote:

Hello Andrew

AC I have just bought a second hand Suffolk Colt mower which
AC looks as though it may be around 40+ years old. I have been
AC looking for any instructions on the web but I think the
AC model is too old. The question I have is about what petrol
AC grades I can use. I assume that it was designed for leaded
AC petrol given its age but I don't know whether it is possible
AC to use unleaded with it or if this would damage it. I would
AC be grateful if anyone were able to point me in the direction
AC of some information on this model.

I would be wary of using unleaded on something that old, it runs
hotter and drier and can cause problems so I'd steer away from that
unless you get better advice from someone who knows about that engine
specifically.

LRP (sold as 4-star) /should/ be Ok though, or maybe one of your local
garages is one of the few in the country that still does leaded.