Old 30-06-2003, 05:44 PM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default SNAKE!!!

The snake had a fresh gleaming skin, with very faint cream colored,
diamond-shaped markings on its sides (actually only the lower half of

each
diamond was visible). I nudged it with my shoe, and when its head came

out,
it was a distinctly TRIANGULAR head, not the lozenge shape of the king
snake! Scared me thoroughly!

Could it have been--don't freak--a rattler which had recently shed
its skin (thus the lighter color)?

CL,

The intruder was mostly black, with the faint markings low on its sides near
the belly (as if partly painted over by a brushful of black paint), and a
slim pointy tail, no rattle.

Are young water moccasins marked lightly and then get darker as they mature?

And HOW do I make them GO AWAY??!!

laurie