Old 30-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Susan Hogarth

Default SNAKE!!!

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:34:18 -0400, in article
, Mother Mastiff\ wrote:

[snip]

Obviously, I will put out those maze-type mouse traps to reduce the mouse
population (when I find a nest of mice, I let the chickens eat the babies,
chickens are omnivores, and LOVE a little protein as a treat, and that
reduces the future mouse population).

I had some hens back in Kansas, and once one of my cats came to the porch
proudly bearing his latest catch - a field mouse (sans head, of course, the cats
liked me enough to share but always took the best parts for themselves The cat
had just gotten to the walkway when he was rushed by a hen who grabbed his
mouse, whereupon about a half-dozen hens starting fighting over the carcass -
the cat wisely retreated.

The hens also enjoyed eating raw bird guts when I dressed several pheasants I'd
raised for Thanksgiving one year.

But are there folks in Wake County who will trap and remove snakes from your
property? Who? How do I find them?

It's possible that I could interest my husband in such a venture, because he
would enjoy finding a bunch of different snakes and would be horrified at the
prospect of some other 'elimination' method being used. As a side bonus, maybe
you and I could get him interested in rare-breed chickens (I've been wanting to
start raising them

--
Susan
"If we cannot adjust our differences peacefully we are less than human."