Old 30-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Millipede treatment

Laurie,

I thought my millipede problem was receding when it dried out a little, but
I think it's time to dust perimeter (outside, obviously) again with Sevin
dust. (I now know how to make rain appear, just put down something that
shouldn't get wet for a few days...... and, voila!)

BTW, Gardener's Supply offers 14' x 14' bird netting for $12.95 at
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...319&CMP=IL8894 but I'm not
sure the netting is fine enough to protect blueberries. Have you tried
froogling (Google's buy-stuff search engine) for "bird netting"?

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote in
message ...
I was online looking for bird netting to cover my huge blueberry bushes
(category: fat chance), and came across this millipede dust.

http://www.betterpestcontrol.com/products3.html

It's item # 29135 (next to last on a looong page) and is on sale. It is
supposed to be a waterproof powder that keeps millipedes out. Probably
fairly toxic, but man, I hated that crunch, especially in bare feet in my
bathroom at night! EeeEeewwww!

HTH, laurie (Mother Mastiff)