Old 30-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Sue Alexandre

Default Odiferous spawning?

My fish have been spawning on and off for the past few weeks, but today when
I got home for lunch and noticed the familiar look of post-spawning
dishevel, I also noticed a really putrid smell around the pond. Not like
anything I've ever noticed before, but definitely not pleasant. I kept
thinking something died around my pond, but I found nothing. Does heavy
duty spawning cause a bad odor? Maybe I've never noticed it much before
because the pond is on the large side, but it was obvious today, and muggy,
which made it worse.
Sue