Old 30-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Elizabeth

Default cat grass

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

One of my cats ate some the other day, then was sick,

But surely that's why cats eat grass, for its emetic effect. So do
dogs; eating grass is always a sign that they feel off colour and are
seeking relief. Ours seek out that soft creeping grass with a wide
blade, and are usually sick almost immediately after eating it.

Ours eat it every day and aren't sick afterwards. They also have very dense
fur but never have problems with hairballs, so I'm guessing that the grass
helps them keep all that fur under control in their stomachs.

Elizabeth