Old 01-07-2003, 01:12 AM
LeighMo

Default new pic of the right side of my tank...

as you can see from the last pic, i have this algea of some type growing in
the front on top of the florite.

That's algae? It's pretty. I wish algae like that would grow in my tanks.

i don't have anymore algea problems except
this...but it doesn't really spread very fast and the Angelfish eat it a
lot. do you know what kind of algea this might be and what i can maybe do
to get rid of it or slow it down more? the farowellas, whiptail, and otto's
don't touch it as far as I can tell.

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like kind of algae I've had
growing on driftwood from time to time. I've heard it called Cladophora,
though I'm not 100% certain that's what it is. It's not invasive, and many
people find it quite attractive. It looks like moss, or sometimes like a short
lawn of algae. Nothing seems to eat it. OTOH, it's not unattractive, so you
might consider just letting it be.

Leigh