Old 01-07-2003, 02:08 AM
paghat

Default Artic Kiwi problem Help!

In article , Slo guy
wrote:

Hi
I bought 2 female and 1 male artic kiwi's last fall and planted them
in a sunny location (2 female are near a trellis and the male is
planted 15 feet away). While all 3 are still alive after the winter
one of the females isn't growing at all, the leaves are not as dark
green as the other 2 plants and the stems are green while the other 2
kiwi's they are red. The other 2 kiwi plants have grown around 3 feet
so far and I don't know if the plant is bad or if there is a another
problem (nitrogen, root rot?).

Thanks for your help

Planted just last fall isn't all that long. I would guess the slower one
is expending more energy developing its root system, & will eventually
catch up with the others. They like a great deal of water; root rot isn't
likely unless the soil doesn't drain.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"