Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 AM
laurie \(Mother Mastiff\)

Default Millipede treatment

I thought my millipede problem was receding when it dried out a little,
but
I think it's time to dust perimeter (outside, obviously) again with Sevin
dust. (I now know how to make rain appear, just put down something that
shouldn't get wet for a few days...... and, voila!)

Yep. This stuff is supposed to be a waterproof powder, (sure it is) but it
might be at least water resistant. Is the Sevin working? I may need to try
it.

Wonder what repels snakes?

BTW, Gardener's Supply offers 14' x 14' bird netting for $12.95 at
http://www.gardeners.com/sell.asp?Pr...319&CMP=IL8894

Thanks, Anne! They also have 28X28 pieces, and I think two of those will do
better. Even though I trimmed the tops, those "bushes" are HUGE, both tall
and wide. (I'd better get busy ordering! I got an early blueberry this
morning for breakfast. :-) Though most of the rest of them are still pale
green and teensy.

Good luck with the millipedes. I rented a house with poor drainage over by
Jordan Lake a few years ago and was overrun with the d@#^ things, I STILL
find dead ones in the oddest places (even my sacred boxes of personal
papers!)

laurie (Mother Mastiff)