Old 01-07-2003, 03:44 AM
dave weil

Default Sevin dust and Japanese beetles

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 02:10:18 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

Focus, Dave, focus!!!!

This allows me to focus. I don't have to worry about how much damage
I'm going to come back to.

You're going to see Dylan!!! WOW!!!!

Oh, wow, dude, you're gonna see Dylan Be sure to give us old folks a
full report!

Heck, I just saw him about a month ago at a club called the Trap here
in Nashville.

Could I *sound* more jaded g?

Oh, man, could you imagine this -- Joan Baez just wanted to drop by!!!!

As long as she's willing to pick Japanese beetles off of my roses,
she's welcome.

Overload! Overload! Overload!!

Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC 7b

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
Soooooo,

I dusted my plants with Sevin two days ago.

Today, I found a single Japanese beetle, who seemed to be dying, and
three dead ones. Not a trace of any others!

Three days ago, I picked off at least 50 of them. They were
everywhere.

Of course, my roses look like they're covered with powdery mildew. g

And today, it's raining (and will rain tomorrow as well), so it's
going to be washed off (which is just fine with me).

I'm hoping that I've interrupted the swarming and that they've moved
on or have been killed off.

I'll monitor the situation and give you guys a report when I get back
from St. Louis. This should give them time to return if they're going
to. From what I've heard, we have to deal with them until August.
Maybe all I have to do is dust with Sevin each week...we'll see...

This is just amazing...I'm in awe.