Old 01-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default Lotus' second bloom crooked?

For the life I me, I can't remember, it's been 2 years. Getting old. There
is only approx. 8" or less of water over the soil. Guessing the
tuber/runners are no more than 4" down? The pot/container is 23 gallon &
round buried in the ground. Do you think I planted it too deep/too shallow?
The other bloom is doing great, as did it's first bloom last year.
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

"Nedra" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Hi Wendy, Yes. Some of the stems do grow crooked ...
I don't know why they do this
- - How deep is your lotus planted?

Nedra

"Wendy Kelly Budd" wrote in message
Hi,
My lotus is sending up a second bloom. The first bloom is approx 9 days
old, so it's at the 5' level and swelling. About 4 days ago a second

bloom
appeared! I was so happy until I noticed the stem is crooked. Two

inches
above the water's surface it took a 3" horizontal detour, then went

straight
up again. It wasn't hung up on a leaf. Anyone else have this happen?

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"You might not always get what you want, but you always get what you
expect." Charles Spurgeon