Old 01-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Druss

Default Tomatoes - removing lower leaf stems

"Nick Yull" wrote in message
Is it true that you should remove the lower leaf stems at the bottom of a
tomato plant to improve the crop of tomatoes.

I did this just last night, but more to improve air circulation and to allow
more light to get to the marigolds, onions, radishes and basil planted in
between the tomato plants. This way I can produce some more tasty crops and
hopefully help prevent bugs/aphids from getting to the plants.

On that note anyone know a good deterrent for whitefly, they seem very fond
of my aubergines this year ?

Duncan