Old 01-07-2003, 11:34 AM
MT Byers

Default SNAKE!!!

Susan Hogarth wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:35:56 -0400, in article
, Mother Mastiff\ wrote:

The snake had a fresh gleaming skin, with very faint cream colored,
diamond-shaped markings on its sides

To make poisonous snakes go away, I would advocate learning to tolerate the
kingsnakes, as they prey on other snakes quite a bit from what I understand
(plus they're beautiful).

See
http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Biology/...s/Lam_get.html

It was a king snake, most likely, since the markings can be very faint,
especially on larger specimens.
Please don't snap him like a whip. This is probably the single most
beneficial snake you can have around. He might eat an egg now and then,
but he'll eat all sorts of other things that you'll be glad to be rid of.

MT