Old 01-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Michael Gerzog

Default Cycnoches & Catasetum Culture

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message arthlink.net...

I only have a few of these in my collection and they have only grown a
single lead each year. I just thought they were not big enough to grow into
multiple growth plants.

I'd like to hear the opinion of the RGO members here. Do you divide your
Cycnoches and Catestums into individual backbulbs regularly?

I only have a few myself, but both of my plants of Cyc. Rocky Clough
grew 'bulbs from each of 2 separate leads. I guess that's not quite
the same as sprouting growths from backbulbs, but still, the result is
2 new growths in the pot.

The others I have, species, are too new to tell what they'll do yet.
Since I haven't found the need to repot annually (I don't keep them
quite bone dry while dormant so they don't lose all their old roots),
annual division seems like more work than it's worth, absent other
considerations.

Michael