Old 01-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Katharine Mill

Default mice - traps a danger to birds?

I've read lots of previous mousey threads but can't find the answer to
this question - forgive me if I missed it:

Might a mousetrap in the garden ensnare a rather clueless baby
blackbird?

My garden is currently being used as a bird creche - the parents park
the baby under a bush and then come and go while they look for food.
My baker neighbour has gone on holiday until August :-( and I seem
to be entertaining his vermin on my birdfeeder. Can I safely put a
trap out without worrying about the bird?

(I haven't seen a cat in the garden since last summer)

thanks for any advice
Katharine