Old 01-07-2003, 04:08 PM
skg

Default tomato watering regimen?

"Stephen Younge" wrote in message
news:Rr7Ma.71114$R73.9771@sccrnsc04...
I live in Boulder, Colorado.

I am growing four tomatoes in large 20" pots (patio; super bush; early girl
improved; and super fantastic), and two tomatoes in the ground (big boy;
some russian ornamental).

snip

But I am worried that I may be begging for problems with this watering
regimen. Should I scale it back? Is it possible to over-water a plant that
is in a pot with good quality potting mix? snip

Stephen,
I have problems watering so much: the fruit gets to be watery and tasteless.
Someone once told me that I was growing hydrophonic tomatoes- and boy! they
sure tasted like it! Once the fruit gets to be about 1/2 as big as they're
be at maturity, I cut back the watering dramatically.
Good luck!
skg