Old 01-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Lee

Default mice - traps a danger to birds?

We disbled our traps during the day and left them out only at night.
The mice and rats loved chocolate bars..... and they got squished in their
droves........

Maybe put the trap in a bit of water pipe? that the birds won't go into but
the beasties will?

Lee

"Katharine Mill" wrote in message
om...
I've read lots of previous mousey threads but can't find the answer to
this question - forgive me if I missed it:

Might a mousetrap in the garden ensnare a rather clueless baby
blackbird?

My garden is currently being used as a bird creche - the parents park
the baby under a bush and then come and go while they look for food.
My baker neighbour has gone on holiday until August :-( and I seem
to be entertaining his vermin on my birdfeeder. Can I safely put a
trap out without worrying about the bird?

(I haven't seen a cat in the garden since last summer)

thanks for any advice
Katharine