Old 06-03-2003, 05:39 PM
Diane Mancino

Default What is in a tag?

I just picked up a untagged out of bloom orchid. Leaves too thin for a catt,
but same mature height- Nice size plant for its price so I bought it. Its
nickname will be Potluck.

Question is, what if this becomes a wonderful plant and it can be
identified. Can I then put a tag on it and possibly show it? Since it was
part of a commercial shipment, I can narrow down the names to what else the
seller brings in from the distributers next time around, and compare those
with the bloom. ( Boston flower markets)Then tag it myself. We all know
tags can be mixed up as easy as losing the tag.

I doubt I will ever need to worry about this, but it would be disappointing
if my best orchid was a mutt I couldn't show.

..

Diane