Old 01-07-2003, 10:03 PM
Gimpy

Default SAE agression

I hate those dam things.. I have 2 that are about 4 inches long and had to
separate them into 2 tanks. They were eating the root's off my little sword
plant's runner. they nip at my plants, and boy do they crap alot.. Since
they are separte, there is no more agression, and I'm happy..

"RedForeman" wrote in message
Sounds like normal SAE agression... they aren't the best fish to have,
they tend to end up doing that to every other fish too... eventually,

you'll
find them sucking off the other fish, then that fish will be dead, and all
of the SAE's will be dining on it...

I tend to opt for lower aggression algae eaters, pl*cos and Otos...

"Jeff Lowe" wrote in message
Two of my 7 S.A.E.s have taken to taken to chasing each other

around.They
appear to be sucking the stripes off of each other. After a bout of

chase
and nip their stripes are barely discernable, but come back overnight.

Am
right in assuming this is a territorial dispute between them? What are

their
reproductive habits and how does one sex them? These are about 2.75"

long
( my original is now about 4.5") I am thinking about making one of the
aggressive pair go live with the guppies, but I wonder if they will eat

the
fry.

--
Jeff Lowe