Old 01-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Millipede treatment

Well, the Sevin dust is definitely killing millipedes that come in contact
with it, but too many seem to be escaping its effect -- I confess that I
did not crawl under my deck or either porch, so there are lots of perimeter
areas that are unprotected, as it were.

I wish I could determine *where* the things are coming in!!! That might
help a lot. The stuff I sprayed on the baseboards inside seems to work, but
it left an objectionable odor for a day or two, so next time I'll pick a day
when I can open some windows. (The stuff is supposed to have a residual
effect, but the act of spraying it on baseboards served to point out to
*clean* the baseboards & re-apply the stuff. Honestly, sometimes it's hard
for me to believe that I have only 2 dogs & 1 cat -- who must be hosting
parties in the middle of the night, based on the amount of dog hair in my
house!)

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"laurie (Mother Mastiff)" wrote in
message ...

Yep. This stuff is supposed to be a waterproof powder, (sure it is) but

it
might be at least water resistant. Is the Sevin working? I may need to

try
it.