Old 01-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Bill Butler

Default [IBC] Fantasy Koku-Fu Theatre

Very funny! I enjoyed the spoof.

On 1 Jul 2003 10:15:20 -0700, (Chris Cochrane) wrote:

The parents of these mini-samurai ask me about bonsai. My Miyagi-san
moments are not likely to topple opponents or encourage kids toward
defensive stances, however.

Miyagi moments! I can see it now, little kids in the neighborhood
seeking me out for my sage advice and tutelage, and me with soooo much
left undone around the house.... (wiggly dream sequence segue)

Pupil: Master Bill, I have arrived at the appointed time for my
lessons in bonsai.

Master: Young child your lesson begins here, in the drive way. Follow
me to my Suburban.

Pupil: Where shall we travel, Master?

Master: You shall travel nowhere. You shall wash my truck. I'll be
in the back boiling crawfish and drinking beer.

[an hour later]

Pupil: Master, I have done as you instructed, the Suburban is clean.
When do we begin to work on the trees?

Master: You are too impatient, young child. Bonsai is an art of
patience. These things take time. You cannot rush into bonsai. Now
about this overgrown yard of mine...

(wiggly dream sequence segue)

That Miyagi. He had it sweet.

New Orleans, Louisiana