Old 01-07-2003, 11:33 PM
W. Curtiss Priest

Default help! for yew trees with yellowing needles in New England

"andrewpreece" wrote in message ...
"W. Curtiss Priest" wrote in message
Hello,

We have 3 yew trees, and we are just north of Boston, MA.

They did fine until 2 years ago.

Don't know that this is your problem, but AFAIK Yews don't like "getting
their feet wet". They need good drainage. If that were the problem, you
would be compounding it by watering , but I presume you are certain that
they are in dry soil?

Andy

Uum. OK. Yes, the soil is mostly dry. This area varies. But,
our basement, for example, hardly ever shows even a bit of wetness
during heavy rains and/or high water table.

But, we won't water based on what you say.

Thanks,

Curtiss