Old 06-03-2003, 06:52 PM
E. Mito

Default SNAILS on plants

In article , Greg Dalton
writes:

What are some good fish that I can add (or one fish) that will eat the
snails but leave
the plants alone??

Freshwater pufferfish will eat snails, but you may have a hard time with fish
compatibility. I'm trying to see if my LFS can get a hold of some dwarf
pufferfish (they supposedly grow no larger than 2" long) and am planning to
commit a 10 gallon tank to them. This way I'll have my "snail processing" tank
where I can throw in the excess snails from all of my other tanks.

They appealed to me be because they are so small (I would like to have gotten
clown loaches, but they would probably get too big for my 20 and I don't want
to overstock my 55), and because they just look cool. They apparently like
planted areas, too, but we'll see.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm