Old 02-07-2003, 05:32 AM
KMartin

Default drinking straw filter works, I think

what does potash and epsom salts do for a pond, plants, fish? I've seen
that remark about potash in a couple of spots, and 1)what is it and what
does it do? and 2)where do you get it? and 3) is it ok with fish and plants?

thanks, kym

"Matt" wrote in message
I built a filter out of 25,000 7.75"x0.125" straws about a month ago and
the water cleared a whole lot over the past few days. I'm not sure if
this has anything to do with it but I also added a bunch of iron,
potash, and epsom salts about a week before it cleared (much more than
anyone here ever suggests).