Old 02-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Gary E

Default redoing old bermuda grass yard

Hello, have a 25 year old yard (many weeds and bad grass) and was wanting to
restablish the yard this year. I live in the Dallas area, just put MSMA down
to kill all the bad grass. We have also put down a starter fertilizer and am
watering it in. My question is it best to keep the grass cut low or do I
need to keep the grass cut at about 3 inches to protect the roots from the
90 and 100 degree heat that is just around the corner. Will the grass still
spread if I cut it so tall? I have several bald spots where I need the
grass to spread and get thick. any ideas? Thanks,Gary