Old 02-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Steve Harris

Default Managing the Broad Bean harvest

I have picked most of the broad beans in one parch early - no black
scars on any of them. I'm an impatient sort of chap. Many of the plants
are now just standing there with leaves slightly yellowing. After a
couple of weeks there's no sign of more flowers and beans. Are they
really finished?

Actually, I cut down some plants and the stumps have sprouted new growth
and flowers even. They're only about 4" tall. Will they grow and give me
a good second crop?

Or should I accept that this patch of Broad Beans is over cut them down
and bang in some lettuce?

Thanks!