Old 02-07-2003, 12:56 PM
Mark Allison

Default Hedging with hornbeam

On 01 Jul 2003, "anton" wrote the
following pearl of wisdom:

Forestry suppliers will sell you bare-root hornbeam at less than
a quid each in the autumn. I wouldn't bother with cuttings. I'd
guess 3-4 years to get to 6ft, but that's 6ft saplings- a 6ft
filled-out hedge is probably another couple of years.

--
Anton

Thanks - is it best to wait until Autumn to plant them then? I am planting
them at the boundary of my garden - on the other side (south-east facing)
is a large field which lets wind get up to speed.

--
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
http://www.allisonmitchell.com